The goal of Essential Nutrition is to promote a healthy lifestyle through the use of supplemental and nutritional products.
Good nutrition is an essential component of a healthy lifestyle. An ideal diet consists of a healthy balance of Fats, Protein, Carbohydrates, Vitamins, Minerals and Water.
Without the right balance of each component it is difficult for any athlete to reach their desired fitness goals.
Which such a wide array of available supplements many people find it difficult to know which supplements are best in helping them reach their desired fitness goals. We have comprised a list of the Top 10 Supplements for athletes as a guide to assist you in determining which supplements are right for you.
- Multivitamins – Whether you are an athlete or not a good multivitamin is a wise idea. For athletes a Multivitamin will replace what is lost during exercise. For others multivitamins will supplement the vitamins our diets lack.
- Protein – The use of a high quality protein provides essential amino acids to the muscles helping to speed muscle recovery after a workout.
- Creatine – Helps our bodies store and use more energy by transporting nutrients to the muscles. The end result is strong lean muscle.
- Pre Workout Energy Drink – A good option of those looking for an extra motivational boost.
- Omega 3 – Essential Fatty acids.(EFA). An important supplement that is good for cardiovascular health and muscle flexibility.
- Thermogenic Fat Burner – A natural fat burner that helps boost the metabolism.
- BCAA’s - The branch chain amino acids contain 3 of 8 essential amino acids our bodies need to make muscles leucine, isoleucine and valine. BCAA’s help keep the muscles from breaking down. The more muscle you possess the better your calorie burning power.
- Antioxidants – Helps your body eliminate toxins and the harmful effects of stress.
- Joint Support – Glucosamine is an excellent supplement to help the muscles stay flexible. Flexible joints lead to a greater range of motion which ultimately results is better strength training results.
- Natural Sleep Aid – During sleep our muscles repair. If a good nights rest is not something your getting sleep aids may be the thing for you.
Consult your Doctor before taking any of these supplements especially if you are nursing, pregnant or have health issues.